- How Many Portable Toilets Does My Liverpool Construction Site Need?
- 18 Incredible Buildings in Liverpool
- A Brief History of Liverpool Buildings
- Construction in Liverpool – How The City is Changing
- Portable Toilet Hire Cost in Liverpool: Everything You Need to Know
- Liver Building Construction – A Comprehensive Guide
- 7 Liverpool Construction Projects Planned for the Future
- 5 Vital Rules & Requirements for Liverpool Construction Sites
- How to Find the Right Builders’ Site Toilets in Liverpool
- Do I Need Welfare Facilities on My Liverpool Site?
What to Consider When Renting Construction Site Portable Toilets
People need to eat and drink to fuel their bodies for a day at work. Inevitably, that means nature calls throughout the day – including the time we’re still at work. Construction sites are no exception, which is why portable toilets are always necessary.
But what kind of facilities do you need? In this article, we’ll outline some key considerations for construction site portable toilets, including what’s available, what you need and some important things to look out for.
Table of Contents
Why construction site portable toilets matter
As we touched upon above, portable toilets are a non-negotiable feature of any construction site. Without them, staff would need to travel offsite in search of facilities, cutting 10 minutes, 20 minutes or even longer out of their day – potentially multiple times.
Time-consumption aside, having no on-site toilets is a major inconvenience. Employees might try to use the toilet less frequently if they know it’s not nearby, resulting in bad morale from what are essentially substandard working conditions. That’s not even mentioning the poor productivity or work rate – have you ever tried doing anything, let alone construction work, when you need to go?
That’s the need for toilet facilities made clear. But what about good ones? It’s one thing ticking a box, but all too often, construction sites are equipped with toilets that are dirty, dysfunctional and all-in-all unpleasant. That causes similar problems with morale and productivity.
Alternatively, there might be a lack of facilities, with the bear minimum provided. The result is queuing, delays and – you guessed it – unhappy, unproductive staff.
How to find the right solution
When a site manager starts planning for a site, they will have to consider site toilet hire. If the site doesn’t have any portable toilets or just hasn’t got enough, there are plenty of options out there. But before making the decision as to what you need – there are many factors you may need to consider…
What is available?
First of all, you’ll want to find out what is available on the market. In other words, what options do you have when it comes to construction site portable toilets.
With a leading supplier like LetLoos, you can choose from an extensive range of services for the construction industry such as, hot wash site toilets, welfare unit hire, single portable loo hire, water tanks, washroom hire and many more.
What do you need?
Next up is what you need. Needless to say, there’s no one-size-fits-all solution for construction sites. Here are a few of the key questions to ask when weighing up your requirements
- What size site are you operating? – Larger construction sites require more portable toilets to cover the entire area. It’s not practical having one facility at the far end of the site if it means that dozens of people have to walk well out of their way to get to it.
- How many people on site? – Similarly, the number of toilets available has to meet demand. A site with 14 staff will be fine with two toilets, while one with 140 workers will generally require multiple large toilet trailers.
- Will you require luxury solutions? – While well-kept standard portable toilets suffice for most people on-site, some companies prefer a luxury option for directors, managers or investors. Consider whether this is necessary for your site or if they’re happy to use standard facilities.
- Are showers and changing units required? – On some sites, it’s necessary to provide washing and changing facilities where staff can store items and freshen up at the end of their shift. According to the Health and Safety Executive, that includes sites where hazardous substances are handled or very dirty work takes place, such as dusty demolition or concrete pouring.
- Is a welfare unit necessary for lunch breaks? – Staff typically require welfare facilities to shelter from wind and rain, heat food and drinks, and rest with tables and chairs. If this isn’t already present on-site, you’ll probably need to provide it.
What to look for
It’s one thing ticking boxes in line with the requirements above. But in truth, you should be looking to go above and beyond for your workforce. Construction sites can be dirty places, but that doesn’t mean the toilets have to be. Even the most basic facilities should be chemically cleaned and maintained to protect your staff.
In terms of service, you should also find a company that provides efficient installation and removal. As well as eliminating added costs and time-consumption, that will give you peace of mind that facilities are properly installed to comply with health and safety regulations.
Finally, there’s the location. Ideally, you want to find construction site portable toilets near you. For one, that makes a swift service more likely – with local firms able to offer next day delivery. It also means they’re nearby and on hand should any issues occur – not to mention a prompt removal service when your project is complete.
Totting it all up
Last but not least, there’s the cost. Once you’ve got a clear idea of what you want and need, you’ll need to balance it with the budget available. The best course of action in this case is to provide a full list of your requirements to some local portable toilet suppliers. They can then provide a bespoke quote based on your needs, so you can make an informed decision.
It’s best practice to contact a few different suppliers to give you a better idea of the going rate for construction site portable toilets. Crucially, don’t just go for the cheapest option. It’s important to ensure that all your (and your employees’) needs are met to avoid any issues and added costs further down the line.
Construction site portable toilets made easy
If you’re looking to hire portable toilets for a construction site in London, Hertfordshire, Kent or Essex, LetLoos can provide the ideal solution. First and foremost, we have a comprehensive selection of high-quality equipment. From luxury toilet trailers to portable showers, we can provide whatever is necessary with expert advisors able to recommend the right sanitary solutions for all your requirements.
That’s paired with a refreshingly simple way to work out costs. Use our quick online form to send us your requirements and our expert team will provide a bespoke quote. Or if you require more information, simply contact us to talk through your requirements and how we can help. Call our 24-hour customer support team on 0800 368 8373 or email [email protected]. No account required!